“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.”
Many people at the beginning of the year have great intentions of getting in shape. But sadly, by mid February so many of them fall way. At Align we want that to change, we want you to succeed. We want to help you achieve your goals and instill a long lasting love for movement, that will serve you the rest of your life.
Below you will find five reasons why you need Pilates and yoga in your life. These reasons go beyond losing weight to look good in your jeans. These are real reasons why you need to be moving every day. Plus, a few tips to help you stay true to your intentions.
- You will be smarter: Not only is your brain getting more energy and oxygen when doing mindful movement, but many studies show that it boost your memory and helps you learn better
- You will have better posture: Deviations in one’s posture is a cause for a large number of health issues today. Both Pilates and yoga directly address posture for the better and the result can create less pain in the body.
- More confident: Exercise can also help you feel more accomplished and give you the power to overcome obstacles. When the workout gets tough, just like life, you know you can get through it.
- Relieve Stress: It has been proven that mindful movement helps minimize stress and brings the mind into a state of calm.
- Live longer/better: It's no secret that healthy living will keep you alive longer, but you might be surprised at how much longer. One study found that exercise improves life expectancy as much as quitting smoking. And with proper strength, aging will be easy.
To keep yourself honest and committed, don’t overestimate your ability. Take small steps to your goals and add more as you go. Understand that it takes at least 90 days to see true change within the body. Nothing happens overnight. Plus, no one is perfect! Setbacks will happen and it’s okay because at Align Pilates and Yoga will always be here for you. Cheers to a healthier 2017!